Skin disorders and deformations after diseases, operations, accidents or other causes are felt as annoying by the patiënt and his/her environment. In many cases dermatography is indicated to remedy the affliction or to provide an effective cosmetical camouflage.
Dermatography is a method which has been developed since 1984 by E.M.van der Velden. It has grown into a fully recognised medical sub-specialism. Several media have described dermatography as providing an important supplementary method to other methods for the treatment of skin disorders. Its validity has been scientifically supported in a large number of medical publications.
The register of recognised dermatographers is held by the Dutch Society of Dermatography. The Society promotes the dissemination of this discipline through scientific research and through popular and scientific publications. Treatments in the Clinic for Medical and Esthetical Dermatography are performed by E.M.van der Velden, in cooperation with other medical specialists.
You are welcome to consult us for an independent second opinion.
Your GP or specialist may refer you to the clinic, but you may also make an appoinytment for an initial consult yourself. In all cases the initial consult will determine whether dermatography is the treatment indicated for your complaints, or if you should be referred to a different specialist. Consult and treatment in the Arnhem clinic after telephonic appointment only.
The Dutch Society for Dermatography supervises the high quality of dermatographical methods and treatments. The clinic works in compliance with the strict quality requirements and guidelines given by law and is as such under the supervision of the Medical Inspection of the Ministry of Health. Our clinic has been registered by the UECP (European Union of Private Clinics)
1. Depending on the treatment, an-/organic color pigments will be applied under the epidermis with a Derma-injector, using sterilized needles with a thickness of 0.36 mm.
2. The treatment will take place 1x per month. The duration of treatment varies from ± 20 minutes, up to max. 1 hour. You remain under control during the treatment-period.
3. It should be realized that a good pigment uptake, both differs from person to person, as well as also regarding the bodysite of the treatment. The pigments are certainly scientifically tested and published in international medical literature. They meet the most stringent FDA and E standards. Allergies are rare.
4. In the first treatment, between 10 and 40% of the coloring disappears. These pigments are disposed and stored in the body. After ± 1 week you will see a matte pigment color in the epidermis. The amount of treatments are highly variable and can not be determined in advance.
5. Throughout the treatment, one should be in good health, and possibly visit a doctor / specialist first. Do not use blood thinners, and not use alcohol and drugs.
6. With different treatments, it is advisable to not sit in the sun or use tanning beds and other rays like "X-rays, MRI scanning and miscellaneous Lasers". If you see a radiologist, warn him, because X-rays and sunbeds can change the colors.
7. Where local anesthesia is necessary, it will be performed by your practitioner.
8. Patient declares that the information, as discussed, has been well understood. I have had the opportunity to speak with the practitioner and feel well prepared for the proposed treatment. I declare to have concealed any information that could harm the treatment, and to abide by the (protocol) regulations and instructions of my physician.
9. The treatments are done at your own risk and responsibility. There is no result commitment.
10. . The undersigned hereby declares to have no objection that pictures are made of the disease and treatment. The photographs /slides will be used for scientific education and medical publications in literature. https://www.dermatografie.nl